ACCREDITED PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER
THE AIPP CODE OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE IS ONE OF THE KEY DIFFERENTIATORS
BETWEEN MEMBERS OF THE INSTITUTE AND NON MEMBERS
Birth Photography Additions to the AIPP Code of Professional Practice
In addition to the AIPP Code of Professional Practice AIPP APP Birth Photographers agree to abide by the following additional codes of practice.
1. I will reserve judgement, accepting women, the diverse decisions they make and the path they’ve chosen to bring their baby into the world.
2. Due to the special nature of birth photography confidentiality will be discussed with consideration to marketing, social media, discussing past clients and birth announcements.
3. If required I will arrange a replacement photographer who abides by this code of practice.
4. I will educate clients on the role of the birth photographer, including the manner in which photography is conducted, equipment used and any circumstances where the photographer will be absent from the birth suite.
1. I shall not impede the activities, consultations or medical procedures conducted by hospital staff in any way. I will respect the role of Midwives, Obstetricians, Doula’s and other birth workers.
2. I will cooperate with and be under advisement of all attending medical professionals in regards to safety, privacy and procedure at all times.
3. I shall not offer any medical advice if acting in the role of photographer only. I will advise parents and appropriate medical professionals of any relevant qualifications (i.e. if you are an experienced Doula or trained Midwife).
4. I will seek permission before photographing any hospital staff. I will also seek appropriate introductions, permissions and exclusions from all others present at the client’s birth prior to photographing and as required throughout the session.
5. I will leave the birthing room to allow privacy during medical procedures if requested by parent/s or medical personnel.